Tuesday 6 November 2012

Monmouth Cap For Oddball Husband

Tim has been waffling on about me making him a Monmouth Cap for so long, that I have finally given in and cast on. What is a Monmouth Cap I hear you ask?

'The Monmouth Cap was an item of woollen headgear fashionable between the 15th and 18th centuries, and associated with the town of Monmouth in south east Wales. The knitted round caps were used by both soldiers and sailors, and they were widely exported.' (Wikipedia)

Cripes, what have I done? He's going to look like some oddball reenactor type.

Anyway this is the wool he has chosen, it's Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran in colourway 360025 . It's a nice rich colour, but if I'm honest the wool is a bit too itchy for my liking.


The pattern I'm using is another freebie from Ravelry -  The Historical Knitted Cap by Nina Bates.

It's not my favourite craft project at the moment. Tim owes me big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment