Thursday 18 October 2012

Stripey Quilt Finished!

Well I have done it, my first quilt is complete. It didn't find it too difficult to do and I really am out of practice with the sewing machine. If you're tempted to try quilting yourself I say get to it! I really really like the colours and texture and can't wait to get snuggling. In fact, I think it will live on my sofa especially for that purpose. Well it is nearly Winter.


I kept the quilting very simple and just 'stitched in the ditch' (where the seams are). When trying to decide which fabric to use for the back of the quilt there was really no contest. It had to be my favourite flowery one - Buddy Bears by Fabri-Quilt. Actually, I think it is supposed to be a childrens' fabric but never mind.


Choosing the binding was difficult as I'd already used so many colours in the quilt. In the end, I used a simple black and white stripe bought locally at Fletchers Fabrics. It really seems to create a nice frame for the quilt and sets off the bright colours.

Finally, here is the quilt in use! The husband had man flu. A terrible affliction...


Pah!

1 comment: