Thursday 11 October 2012

Lovely Gifts or Omiyage

About a year after leaving University me and my sister Vicky went on an adventure and lived and worked in Japan for a year. Japan is a wonderful country - we had a fantastic time and met some lovely people. Matsuo san (Mrs Matsuo) ran a lovely sake shop which we passed walking into work meaning we bumped into her most days. She would regularly give us food parcels as I think she worried about us wasting away (no such luck!). She really looked after us and we've written regularly since our return to the UK - it has been eight years since we last met.

I'd love to see her again.

Occasionally she surprises us with a lovely gift. This is the latest, I think the artist is a local friend of hers.


The writing on them both says 'thank you'. I think I owe Matsuo san a big thank you, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment