Wednesday 31 October 2012

Stars And Scraps Quilt Top

I have finished making all the blocks for the Stars and Scraps Quilt. I was forced to keep it at this size as I ran out of the flowery fabric which I was using in each star block and couldn't get hold of any more. It is a large lap blanket size, so good for snuggling on the sofa. Here is the quilt top laid out in my design space (the lounge floor!), planning the final layout before I sewed it together.



Here it is all sewn together and ready for the lovely spotty backing fabric I bought.


 
 
I'm afraid I did make a slight error when sewing these blocks together. I'd forgotten to reduce the stitch length after doing the quilting on my Stripey Quilt. This meant that the blocks were splitting quite badly at the seams. Not good. You can see this most clearly in the white block on the top right. I ended up re-sewing some of the seams to secure them properly. Oh well, it's all a learning curve!
 
 
Actually, do you remember me talking about my friend in Japan, Matsuo San? Well I have decided that this quilt will be a gift for her. I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment