Saturday 4 May 2013

May Day

It's May Day weekend, which means three whole days off work. Yippee! What better way to spend it than with my sister and her family? It also meant I could give my niece, Emma, the little dress that I've finished making for her. She has learnt to walk this week so here she is posing (or struggling to balance?) in her new polka dot frock.

McCalls M6494


McCalls M6494
 
Emma was so cute when I handed the dress over to her, she just kept giving it cuddles, so sweet. I hope that means she likes it! I must admit, I'm really pleased with the way the dress turned out, especially the gorgeous ruffles around the arm and neck holes. The overlapping front is very cute too. For the back I chose bright green buttons to match the green fabric I'd picked for the ruffled hem.
 
 
I think I've mentioned (but will do so again for those interested) the pattern is by McCalls, pattern number M6494. I can highly recommend the pattern as it's easy and it doesn't take too long to make up the dress. The only place where I got totally lost was the 'continuous lap' part (turns out it's where the button band is on the skirt, who knew?), but this YouTube video really helped me out.




I've had such a lovely day!

I'm linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts -  Finish it up Friday. Sorry it's not a quilt this time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the finished dress and Emma looks extra cute in it!!

    ReplyDelete