Sunday 2 December 2012

Tim and Sally's Christmas Stockings

It is officially December now so the tree is up and it's time to enjoy an advocaat (it's a family tradition!). Woo.

 
I can also reveal my latest Christmas Stockings. OOOOooh! I sewed both of these in an evening. I couldn't bring myself to cut up the Winter Wonderland fabric so I simply quilted the fronts in a criss-cross pattern using the fab Christmas Cotton. I think the cotton and fabric go perfectly together. It's the first time I've used a stripy cotton and I really like the effect here. What do you think?
 
 
How cute it that deer?
 
Then it was simply as case of sewing everything together, the linings are made from the fabric I bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show. I cut the linings a bit longer than the fronts so that I could create a nice cuff. Tim's has the grey cuff, mine is the red.
 

 
Here they are pinned up on the fireplace awaiting Father Christmas' visit!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. they look fab!! Your fireplace looks really good as well, I will have to come up and see it in real life. Also a bit late but Mum and Dad gave me one of those marzipan biscuits that Tim had made. They are amazing! you should get Tim to do a post with the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete