I have finished my sewing machine cover and it looks so pretty! I used all of the Oh Deer! layer cake I'd received as a Christmas present.
I made up the design as I went along. First I sewed the squares into pairs, then cut them in half to make rectangles. By sheer luck four rectangles was the same width as my machine, so it was just a matter of adding more rows. I created a large rectangle - large enough to wrap right around the sewing machine, with a notch for the handle. Here it is unwrapped, measuring approximately 40cm x 100cm.
The backing fabric is one I bought a while ago, it's a beautiful green - but I can't remember the brand! The binding is a red and white spot, leftover from Emma's cot quilt.
The ties are just a lovely green ribbon to hold it together at the top which I sewed to the quilted cover. Ta dah!